The International Maglev Board is an international non-profit organization. It is made up of internationally known transport scientists, engineers, experts as well as members of citizens' movements. The International Maglev Board does not in any way, shape or form endorse any particular manufacturer or industry group. We are beholden to no corporate interests.
The purpose of this website is to call for maglev systems to be included – objectively and fairly – in any and all long-range infrastructure planning and planning competitions.
The following points list some major aspects of maglev systems when they are implemented with appropriate planning and implementation.
- Maglev can make rapid transit more energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Maglev can replace short-distance air traffic with attractive travel times.
- Intercity mobility will become more economical with maglev.
- Maglev can achieve very high levels of safety and comfort.
- Maglev guideway construction is becoming more and more economical.
- Maglev uses separate routes and avoids slower transport.
- Maglev test installations are a prerequisite for success.
- Maglev provides national economic and social benefits.
- Maglev systems are future-oriented, but realistic and important.
This website provides relevant information around these statements.
Maglev technologies are not wonderful sweeping innovations that will provide a quick solution for all the mobility problems of the world. However, in specific cases, maglev trains can certainly contribute to the organization of more efficient mobility. This aspect should be tested in individual cases, for specific projects, i.e., in a comparison with wheel/rail and air traffic, and should be objective and fact-based, without technical prejudice or bias.