Turkey: Antalya-Alanya Maglev Project: Striking statements

Eurorapid

Turkey: Antalya-Alanya Maglev Project: Striking statements

Unread post by Eurorapid »

Striking statements about Antalya-Alanya Maglev Project
2021-10-05_Ertan Develik
2021-10-05_Ertan Develik
Turkey.JPG (80.6 KiB) Viewed 2851 times
The Producer of the Antalya-Alanya Magnetic Train Project, Eoro Rapid Turkey Chairman of the Board Ertan Develik
Photo: https://www.alanyaajans.net/images/habe ... -1427.webp Accessed: 2021-10-05.

The following text is an automated translation from a turkish media report. The full article can be found here (in original language): https://www.alanyaajans.net/antalya-ala ... lar/19723/ Accessed: 2021-10-05.

[...]
The Producer of the Antalya-Alanya Magnetic Train Project, Eoro Rapid Turkey Chairman of the Board Ertan Develik, said that the project that will reduce the Antalya-Alanya distance to 14 minutes was blocked by FETÖ. Develik also claimed that 2 million Euros were asked from him to meet with the President.

Making statements about the future of the project at the AGC Center, Eoro Rapid Turkey Chairman of the Board of Eoro Rapid Turkey, Producer of the Anetic Train Project, Ertan Develik, said that transrapid is a public transportation vehicle that can move very quickly in a magnetic environment thanks to electromagnetic waves. Develik said, “It is accepted as the technology of the third millennium by the engineers of 123 countries. China conspired to patent it. The USA is after the patent. We held meetings with leading companies. I said that I am in the project on the condition that the entire construction cost is made in Turkey, the train wagons and many parts are manufactured, the only transrapid test center in the world is disassembled and mounted in Serik, and the tests are carried out here and marketed to the world in the future.

After 7 months of work, we made the first presentation at TCDD level. Files in volume were sent to 8 different ministries. We met with Binali Yıldırım in 2008. He said he knew the project but the country was foreign to it. Yıldırım said, 'Let's do the first project here, starting from Antalya-Alanya. It would be very easy for us to market to the world with 20-30 million tourists coming to Antalya.” I immediately accepted. We started work right away. We exchanged letters of goodwill with the government. Helicopters were then hired from France to transport special equipment. Underground shots were taken at every 600 meters from Antalya to Alanya. Everything we did was perfect. Yildirim was with us in every way, but for a while some strangers to me got involved. I got a call about the commanders wanting to meet. I went to Istanbul. They drove me around for months. They had a meeting with 3-4 engineers from ASELSAN. I couldn't understand what their purpose was. Too many demands were made. Money was requested. I understood that they had no purpose with the project, their only aim was to block the country and the then Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. Even 2 million Euros were asked from me to have a meeting with the President. So we stopped the process. Crackling sounds are coming from some parts. To name it, there is no FETO, it is said, but there is. "They did everything they could to make my country very dangerous and ultimately our project was blocked," he said.

Stating that the project starts from Antalya Airport and extends to Gazipaşa, Develik explained that the train can depart every 5 minutes. Develik said that when the transrapid never stops, it can come to Alanya in 14-15 minutes and said, “The cost of the project is 5 and a half billion Euros. We calculated that if the construction started, it would be completed in 6 years. With fast work, we have the opportunity to reduce this to 4 and a half, 5 years. I still have not been able to reach the President. If he says to start tomorrow, I will start working tonight.”

Source: Google translation from a turkish media report. The full article can be found here (in original language): https://www.alanyaajans.net/antalya-ala ... lar/19723/ Accessed: 2021-10-05.
Not active on Twitter (X) anymore. Too much spam and rubbish there, not much serious stuff.