||| 2022 Urban Maglev SURVEY |||

jok

Unread post by jok »

The International Maglev Board is currently conducting a scientific, worldwide survey on the prospects of Urban Maglev systems until the beginning of July 2022.

Urban Maglev systems are transport systems for the low to medium speed range. They can transport passengers or cargo.

Urban Maglev systems are currently (2022) in commercial operation in Japan, South Korea and the People's Republic of China. In Germany, there is one supplier from the southern German region that is trying to establish its Maglev system worldwide.

If you are interested in this topic, we would be pleased to hear your opinion.

The survey is conducted in English and German.

Link to the English-language survey:
https://survey.th-deg.de/index.php/437291?lang=en

Link to the German-language survey: https://survey.th-deg.de/index.php/339993?lang=de

The results will be published open access (= free of charge). There are no financial interests. There is no influence of the industry. The data will be evaluated by students of German universities.

Thank you and best regards,

jok

2022-06-19 Klühspies Ecobee South Korea - Incheon Airport
2022-06-19 Klühspies Ecobee South Korea - Incheon Airport
2016-07-20_IMG--439www[1].jpg (267.48 KiB) Viewed 5080 times

Parrahub1

Re: ||| 2022 Urban Maglev SURVEY |||

Unread post by Parrahub1 »

America wants HSR but it is uneconomical because it cannot take overnight container trains like Japanese maglev could making them faster and more profitable than the existing slow trains.

As the wheels would only be on the ground for four kilometres at each station it could stop anywhere needed through the day so I strongly suggest that S C Maglev be used so the overnight container train could go 700 km/h in a single 11 psi tunnel like what I propose between Sydney and Melbourne.

Regards Eddy

Miss Maglev

Unread post by Miss Maglev »

Parrahub1 wrote:
24. Jun 2022, 05:05
America wants HSR but it is uneconomical because it cannot take overnight container trains like Japanese maglev could making them faster and more profitable than the existing slow trains.

As the wheels would only be on the ground for four kilometres at each station it could stop anywhere needed through the day so I strongly suggest that S C Maglev be used so the overnight container train could go 700 km/h in a single 11 psi tunnel like what I propose between Sydney and Melbourne.

Regards Eddy
Hello Eddy,

as far as I know, the Chuo high-speed Maglev system is not designed to carry cargo.
The Transrapid system could transport standard containers for air cargo.
However, the question is whether it is really necessary to transport cargo at such high speeds. The logistic chain has too many slow parts ("last mile problem"), so high speed at some points does not always significantly reduce the total transportation time.

:-)
MM
頻繁に日本で、頻繁にヨーロッパで。ツイッターはたまに。フェイスブックやWhatsappは使わない。

IMB

Unread post by IMB »

Here is the link to the survey: POLL IS CLOSED

2022-06-26_IMB_Maglev_Survey_ENG_ongoing.jpg
2022-06-26_IMB_Maglev_Survey_ENG_ongoing.jpg

Here is the link to the survey: POLL IS CLOSED
Best regards,
The IMB Forum Crew
https://www.maglevboard.net/en/

Parrahub1

Unread post by Parrahub1 »

I know the Japanese maglev is not designed for overnight containers but it would be easy for China, Japan, and America to develop the Sydney to Melbourne one in a single 11psi tunnel which allows 700 km/h with passing stations at Canberra and Albury to enable daytime fares lower than planes saving 5,000,000 tonnes of jet fuel per year and reducing the 700,000 B doubles on the Hume

jok

Poll closed: The 2022 Urban Maglev SURVEY

Unread post by jok »

The survey is now closed and the analyses have started.

Thank you for your interest and participation.

The results will be published in autumn 2022 via the IMB newsletter.

https://www.maglevboard.net/en/newsletter

Best regards,
jok