Update from China, April 2021

david

Update from China, April 2021

Unread post by david »

(German article: https://magnetbahn.org/news/aktuelle-en ... april-2021)

Time never stands still in China - new information is constantly emerging, but it is too irrelevant for a dedicated article. Therefore, here is a summary of some important events from China during the last weeks. Have fun with the first "China Briefing".

CRRC Sifang has left the Tongji route
In January 2021, my astonishment was great when I saw that there was a 4-section vehicle at the CRRC Qingdao plant, but also a separate middle section. Now it is clear: CRRC Sifang has left the Tongji line. A picture from Tongji University proves that the vehicle is no longer on site, and has been replaced with the CRRC 300N from sister company CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive.

Photo source: Tongji University

Photo source: CRRC Sifang / CGTV

This means that a completed CRRC 600 5-section vehicle is now just sitting in the shed without propulsion and without a track existing.
This explains, at least in part, why CRRC is looking into reactivating the TVE. Because there is an urgent need for testing, but no track exists. SMT (Shanghai Transrapid operating company) has already rejected the implementation of the CRRC 600, as I reported in mid-March.

New CRRC 600 variants
In January 2021, thanks to a Chinese insider, I had the opportunity to find out the current state of affairs at CRRC. In the process, I found out that a 4-section vehicle has already been produced, and at least one other middle section, which has not yet been integrated, also exists.
The first two section presented in May 2019 were produced in November 2018, as evidenced by a nameplate at the end of the section. But three different optical versions already exist:
  • Variant 1, produced in November 2018, today only a display unit
    Variant 2, coupled to a vehicle unit with Variant 3 at the Qingdao plant.
    Variant 3, also in the Qingdao plant.
Photo source: CRRC Sifang

Photo source: CRRC Sifang / CGTV

Photo source: CRRC Sifang (edited by magnetbahn.org)