Sydney to Melbourne Maglev

Parrahub1

Sydney to Melbourne Maglev

Unread post by Parrahub1 »

Competition is good but sometimes cooperation is needed when something will be used internationally and as a Japanese maglev is too expensive just for passengers I suggest Japan, China and Australia cooperate to build a maglev from Sydney to Melbourne with passing stations at Canberra and Albury that can earn $2,000,000 every night with overnight containers to subsidise daytime fares saving 5,000,000 tonnes jet fuel per year plus reduce the 700,000 B doubles on the Hume.

20 multimodal TBM like Florence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeTrLPx6h3U&t=1s could drive stage one Sydney to Canberra in one year.

PS
Another thing I would like to point out is the overnight container train can go between the freight sidings 8 hours faster than any truck for next morning delivery and it may be possible to avoid complex points just by having the front wheels steerable as they would be down at the slow speed.

Parrahub1

Re: Sydney to Melbourne Maglev

Unread post by Parrahub1 »

If 30 separate companies spend $2b each to connect Parrahub to Melbourne via Canberra and Albury then I believe it would be fair they do not pay any tax until they earn a certain amount per annum but it would be up to the federal government how much that would be to encourage investment.

By having two teams of FIFO East Timorese getting paid $5,000 per fortnight or when they achieve 200 m driving in different directions and living in shipping containers at the launch site compound it will remove trucks and planes between Sydney and Melbourne in a few years.

Because the Japanese SC maglev has nothing touching that needs maintenance it is free from inflation like trucks and planes so by undercutting them a tad in time it would earn 10% p/a of the initial $2b they invested and would start to pay tax.

As well as connecting Sydney to Melbourne with a profitable 700 km/h Japanese SC maglev it would balance our trade with China removing the need to spend money on nuclear submarines and also help with the unemployment in East Timor without creating more housing demand but some people cannot see this.