The primary task of the International Steering Committee (ISC) is to define the topics and upcoming meeting places for the International MAGLEV conferences. Important decision-making criteria are current developments in science and industry as well as the goal of the appropriate promotion of relevant national maglev developments.
The committee is made up of 20 members, all of whom are experts in the Maglev field. A new member is accepted by vote. Proposals for election can only be made by members of the ISC. In the case of several applicants, the decision to the conference venue is carried out by secret ballot.
Honorary Chair: JAPAN | Eisuke Masada
Chair: JAPAN | Hiroyuki Ohsaki
Members: (in alphabetical order, by nation)
- BRAZIL | Richard Magdalena Stephan ♦
- BRAZIL | Antonio Carlos Ferreira ♦
- CANADA | Konrad Woronowicz ♦
- FRANCE | Gerard Coquery
- GERMANY | Michael Witt ♦
- GERMANY | Friedrich Loeser
- GERMANY | Johannes Kluehspies ♦
- JAPAN | Ken Nagashima
- JAPAN | Noriyuki Shirakuni
- JAPAN | Hiroyuki Ohsaki (Chair)
- JAPAN | M. Terai
- POLAND | Ryszard Pałka ♦
- PR CHINA | Guobin Lin ♦
- PR CHINA | L. Xiao
- PR CHINA | Zigang Deng
- PR CHINA | Sansan Ding
- RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Sergey Smirnov
- SOUTH-KOREA | Byung-Chun Shin
- SWITZERLAND | Vincent Bourquin ♦
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA | Laurence Blow ♦
Retired commitee members
Cassat, A. (EPFL, Swiss)
Ebihara, D. (IEEJ Fellow, Japan)
Goodall, R. (Loughborough Univ., UK)
Gurol, S. (GA, USA)
Jufer, M. (EPFL, Swiss)
Krishnan, R. (Virginia Tech., USA)
Leung, E. (Magtec Eng., USA)
Rote, D.M. (ANL, USA)
Yan. L. (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
Deceased committee members
Richard Post passed away on April 7, 2015 (USA).
Gordon Danby passed away on August 2, 2016 (USA).
James Powell passed away on May 27, 2019 (USA).