Germany, European Union
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. h. c. Hermann Flessner is an engineer and retired university professor (University of Hamburg).
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. h. c. Hermann Flessner has decades of professional experience with magnetic levitation.
- Born 1930 in Hamburg, Germany
- Baccalaureate 1950
- Studies from 1952 to the end of 1957 Civil Engineering at Technical University of Hannover, with focus on Structural Engineering.
- From 1958 analyst and designer of industrial structures in Messrs. Ed. Züblin AG, Duisburg
- 1962 Scientist at the Institute of Concrete Structures of Technical University of Hannover,
- 1965 PhD, Dr.-Ing. at the TH Hannover
- 1966 Professor, Electronic Computing in Civil Engineering at the TH Hannover
- 1968 Professor, Applied Engineering in computer science 'in the Faculty of, Structural En-gineering 'of the Ruhr-University Bochum
- 1969/70 Visiting Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA
- 1978 Professor for applied computer sciences in the computer science department at the University of Hamburg
- 1994 retirement, since then Consulting Engineer
- Contribute BMFT, DAAD (DAAD Board'84 -'88), DFG, VDI.
Various awards, including
- 1986 Medal of Honor of the VDI
- 1989 Konrad-Zuse-Medal
- 1995 Dr.-Ing. E.h. Bauhaus University Weimar
- 1992 to 2001 Visiting Professor at the University of Szczecin (Stettin),
- Since 1997 acting as consultant and advisory engineer for computer science in Applied Science and Technology.