Germany, European Union
Mr. Michael Witt is an engineer and expert for Transrapid Maglev Technology.
He is an elected member of the International Maglev Steering Committee (ISC). Mr. Michael Witt worked for many years as Head of the Consultancy Division for Multi Modal Transportation projects and programmes for TÜV Rheinland,for the German Ministry of Research and Technology, for Dornier Consulting and for Lahmeyer International.
He gained long-time experience with large public projects and economical and technology transportation studies. For the Federal Ministries of Transport as well as Research and Technology, he coordinated national, European and international transport development programmes for logistics/transports chains and projects for new technology transport systems like Maglev. He supervised the tender process for high speed railway systems in the VAE and Qatar as Vice President of the German Railway Consulting.
Among his activities it has been also the evaluation of GNSS applications in transportation and the bid and tender process for transport technology systems. He has well-proven expertise in management skills and system engineering, control of multi modal transport systems, analysis of user requirements and marketing aspects as well as stakeholder analysis.
Main fields of activities:
- - Benchmarking of new transport technologies incl. feasibility studies
- - Coordinator of the Franco-German cooperation for the Ministry of Technology in the field of high speed transportation
- - Political and technological consulting for the Federal Ministry of Research and Technology in the field of transportation research for new mobility concepts in urban areas
- - Technology assessment and LCC evaluation for transportation systems
- - Project monitoring for the German Maglev Development Programme for the Ministry of Transport Building and Housing
- - Technical Coordinator of the German-Chinese Cooperation for Maglev systems.
Membership in Professional Organisations:
- - The International Maglev Board
- - German Association of Transport Sciences
- - German Association of Railway Engineers
- - MAGLEV International Steering Committee
- - Competence Centre for High-Performance Railway Systems, Dresden.