Prof. Dr. Vladimir Shmatchenko is a vice-professor at Saint-Petersburg Alexander I. State Railway University.
Prof. Dr. Vladimir Shmatchenko and his team work in the following areas of recearch and educational activities:
- technical systems modelling and designing;
- technical regulation, specifically for RAMS and security issues, and its implementation;
- business management systems (standard ISO/TS 22163 (IRIS));
- safety management systems;
digital railway radio (implementation of EIRENE requirements by means of GSM-R, TETRA and DMR systems in railways operations);
- typical special requirements for EMS passenger Maglev system;
- magnetic levitation and side stabilization on the base of permanent magnet assemblies.
With their expertise, Prof. Shamtechnko and his team contributed to several major projects in Russia:
- high speed line Saint-Petersburg - Moscow;
- high speed line Moscow - Kazan;
- high speed line Ekaterinburg - Chelyabinsk;
- IRIS standard implementation in railway industry enterprises;
- safety management systems implementation in operational enterprises of Russian Railways;
- preparation of technical regulation system for a Russian maglev transportation system;
- magnetic fields investigation of permanent magnets assemblies.