This page aims to provide an overview over Maglev Research Programmes and Institutes. This cannot be a complete list, as many research programmes - especially when related to military research - are not officially known.
Known Programmes and Institutions are listed in alphabetically.
Brazil - MagLev-Cobra Project: Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
- China - Southwest Jiaotong University
- China - Tongji University, Shanhghai
- China - CNR CRC Tangshan - Changchun Railway Vehicle Co.
- China - Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group
- Germany TVE Testing Facility Emsland
- Germany - ThyssenKrupp in Kassel, in cooperation mit Siemens and TVE.
- Germany University of Paderborn
- Germany - SupraTrans, IFW Dresden
- Germany - echnische Universität Berlin, Fachgebiet Betriebssysteme elektrischer Bahnen
- Japan - Linimo HSST Linimo Development programme
- Japan - RTRI
- Russia - Alexander I. Petersburg State Transport University
- South Korea - Rotem Urban Maglev
- Switzerland - Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne EPFL
- USA - FTA's UMTD program
- USA - General Atomics Urban Maglev Program
- USA - MagneMotion Maglev
- USA - Magtube by LaunchPoint Technologies, Inc.
Known Research programmes
This cannot be a complete list, as many research programmes - especially when related to military research - are not officially known.
The Programmes and Institutions are listed in alphabetically, grouped by geographical regions.
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ)
MagLev-Cobra Project: A real scale experimental line, 200 meters long, on open air, has been constructed at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (COPPE/UFRJ). The vehicle can transport up to 20 persons. The suspension is based on the levitation properties of high temperature superconductors (YBCO) in the presence of NdFeB magnets. The traction is given by a linear induction motor.
China (People's Republic of)
Southwest Jiaotong University
CNR CRC Railway Vehicle Co.
Supra Trans, IFW Dresden
University of Paderborn
Technische Universität Berlin, Fachgebiet Betriebssysteme elektrischer Bahnen
RTRI Railway Technical Research Institute
Alexander I. Petersburg State Transport University
The famous Russian Alexander I. Petersburg State Transport University currently researches about cargo maglev systems.
Federal Transit Administration FTA's Urban Maglev Technology Demonstration program UMTD
Old Dominion University Maglev
General Atomics Urban Maglev Program
MagneMotion (Urban) Maglev
École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne EPFL