There are two primary types of maglev technology: Electromagnetic and electrodynamic suspension.
The two primary types of maglev technology:
- electromagnetic suspension (EMS) uses the attractive magnetic force of a magnet beneath a guideway to lift the train up.
- electrodynamic suspension (EDS) uses a repulsive force between two magnetic fields to push the train away from the guideway.
There are three primary types of usage categories:
- Urban maglev (like Rotem and Linimo) for lower speeds and
- High Speed Maglev (like the German Transrapid and the Japanese Chuo Maglev).
- Logistics (Cargo Container Maglev and industrial inhouse parcel transport systems).